How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's been awhile...

Hello,

It has been quite awhile since I have posted anything, so I thought I would give you a quick update.

On the Adoption front: We are still waiting for a referral. The families who received referrals on October 3rd received courtdates on November 7th! It is so exciting, as they will be bringing their children home before Christmas! Talk about the most amazing Christmas present ever!!!! We have no quarantees of when our referral will be, but I do know there are several before us waiting. I am not sure how many of these are waiting for 1 boy. I guess that does make a difference in the wait as our Family Coordinator said there are more boys available than girls.

On the Home front: These last couple of weeks have been extremely busy. We finished up our October Missions Convention this Wednesday with Teen Challenge. Talk about amazing testimonies of what the Lord has done!

We had a surprise visit from my Great Aunt Dorothy & Uncle Dennis a couple weekends ago! They are traveling south for the winter, and ended up camping just 7 miles from our house! We had dinner with them and then visited at our house for quite awhile. It was such a wonderful time! I felt so honored and special that they would visit us. They are the first on my dad's side of the family to visit us since we moved here back in March of 2004. It helped to make me feel connected and important to the family...I have not experienced that since I was a kid.

On the personal front: This last week I was officially hired as a seasonal employee at Harry & Davids! I will be working my current job during the days, and working swing shift at H & Ds. All moneys made will go to pay for our adoption. I am so excited about working there, and have dreamed of it since the first year I moved here. It will make these next couple of month even busier, but helping cover the costs of the adoption is MORE than worth it!!

I will hopefully be a little bit better at posting more often. Thanks for checking in!
Love,
Holly

No comments: