How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nathaniel and His Big Boy Bed!

This week Nathaniel had his first night of sleep in his Big boy bed!!! We had the bed put together and in his room for several days before using it to get him used to it, and I think it helped BIG time with the transition. It got to the point where he would be upset if he had to sleep in his pack-n-play because he wanted to sleep in his "truck" (it is a firetruck toddler bed).

Here he is just before the big event! He was so excited!!!

All tucked in with his special little doggy and blanket.
I was so excited and suprised at the same time for how smoothly this transition was! I braced myself for a sleepless night with having to constantly put Nate back to bed. For those who may not know, my son has been a champion sleeper since the first night he was with us in the hotel in Ethiopia! He sleeps minimum of 12 hours at night (7 or 7:30 PM thru 7:30 - 8AM) and around a 2 hour nap everyday.
So I put him to bed and he only got up once because he took off his socks (a BIG no-no to mommy and daddy), but quickly went back to bed and fell asleep. He woke up once around 11PM crying, but nothing a little mommy comfort and kiss couldn't take care of. He slept through to the next morning about 7:45 AM! His nap was a breeze too! I feel completely spoiled after hearing some of the horror stories people have told me about their crib/toddler bed transition. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: