How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Special Day With My Guys

With my new work schedule, I rarely get a Saturday off. I wanted to take the opportunity to have a special day as a family.

We decided early on to go to Crater Lake for the day. It was free to get into state parks, so it seemed like the perfect time. :-) Unfortunately, the smoke from the Umpqua national forest fires clouded the incredible view. Oh well, we still had a great time. Enjoy the pictures.


Toys R Us was having a special celebration for Geoffrey's Birthday. It was pretty cool, but...

...this is about as close and Nate would let us get to the over sized giraffe. He was super scared of him.


Me and my little boy at Crater Lake. See all the smoke in the background?

Silly boy!

My two guys...aren't they SO CUTE!!!

He he he...this is a normal daddy/son thing.


On the way back, we stopped at the Natural bridge just down the road from the Rogue River Gorge. It was a short easy trail and a beautiful water view. (you can see the smoke in the air, it was actually a sunny day)

What a mischievous face

Looking at the water with the park rangers. The nice park ranger gave him a little Smokey the Bear pin. :-)

Nate was mesmerized with the water.

1 comment:

tisha said...

The park pictures are so pretty! Nathaniel is so cute and he's getting so big!

I had to laugh when you talked about him being afraid of the giraffe. I could see our little guy either loving it or being just as scared as Nathaniel was. I guess it would just depend on the day. :)
Tisha