How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Dossier Is Complete - Officially DTE 01/28/2011! (Catching Up - January)

After 18 months of paperchasing (long, long, long story), we finally completed all the paperwork for our 2nd Ethiopian Adoption!

It was a very, very snowy Wednesday afternoon. I drove through 3 ft snow drifts to get my passport photos and to get our completed dossier to the FedEx office near the airport (on an un-plowed road). I am not sure if I was shaking because of the excitement or because I wasn't sure if I would make it! :-)



Our finished paperwork in the FedEx envelope!!
My new "friend" at FedEx. She was such a good sport and willing to take photos! :-)

Me, our Dossier and my FedEx "friend". It is so emotional leaving our Dossier in someone else's hands. A lot of time, energy, money and tears went into putting it together...
After our Dossier was received by America World Adoption Association (AWAA), it receives 2 staff checks and then goes on for Authentication in Washington DC. Our official date for our Dossier being sent to Ethiopia was supposed to be Friday, January 28th, 2011, but due to weather conditions, they were not able to be sent until Monday. Even so, our official DTE is 01/28/2011!
This is the FedEx confirmation that our Dossier was delivered to Ethiopia!
Let the wait begin!!!!!!

No comments: