How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Long Time, No Update

So I have mostly been doing picture updates cause it is easier and takes less time. :-)

The last couple of weeks have been getting busier. Nathaniel continues to grow and I discover more new things about him everyday. He is right on the verge of crawling! I have to tell you this is an amazing thing! Considering that when we first met him, he had no arm strength to hold himself up and SCREAMED any time you put him on his stomach! Now he quickly goes from sitting to his belly. It seems to be preferred over his back.

Last week both Nathaniel and I were sick. Runny noses, sneezing and coughing seemed to be the symptoms for both of us, but with rest (lots of extra sleep for Nathaniel) and chicken noodle soup for me, we are better.

On Monday I got the re-adoption paperwork I requested from an attorney in Portland. It is a Do-It-Yourself kind of thing. I pay her to provide the directions and documents, and I fill them out myself. Technically we are representing ourselves rather than hiring a lawyer. Trust me, the pocket book likes it this way much better (in other words the cost is significantly less). I actually enjoy the paperwork and almost (dare I say it) miss it.

The paperwork was completed and notarized on Thursday. I submitted it on Friday to the Jackson county court and mailed a copy to DHS in Salem.

Friday also was Nathaniel's eye exam. The Opthamologist did a thorough exam, he even dialated his eyes. He said that everything is perfect! His eyes are normal for a kid his age. His next appointment isn't until he is 2 or 3!

Coming soon, on September 8th is our 3 month Post Placement visit. I can't believe it has almost been 3 months since he has been in our arms. How much life has changed...all for the GOOD!

No comments: