How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Post of Many Subjects

We are (obviously) back from our mini-vacation! Here are some pictures from our trip:

I am not quite sure what happened for him to make this face, but isn't it adorable??? This was taken at one of our many stops on the way up to Washington. It is so different traveling with our little guy. He was AMAZING on the trip, but we are just used to barely stopping for any reason.

I LOVE this picture! This was taken the morning we went to the Puyallup fair to see the Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman concert. We were, of course, at Starbucks! :-)


One of the most wonderful things about Washington is the rain. I LOVE IT!!! The day of the fair it rained almost all day. It stopped just in time for the concert. Nathaniel looked so cute all bundled up!

We were so excited to visit the church we served at in Oak Harbor. On the way home, we took Nathaniel on his first ferry ride!


He absolutely loved looking at the water!

==================================================

We returned from Seattle on late Monday night. We took Tuesday to kind of re-coop and then Wednesday was my first day back from Family Leave. :-( It was hard to go to work, but we were bringing Nathaniel with us. The first 2 days were nightmare-ish as we tried to get him adjusted to another change in his short little life.


If there is one thing I have learned as a mom, naps are mom & baby's lifeline! The first 2 days he struggled sleeping in a new environment...that means we ALL struggled! I caught the tale end of his ultra-short nap.

I just love this mischievous little face!!! :-)

I finally got a great one with Nathaniel and his Great-Grandma.

==================================================

OH!! I almost forgot one of the most exciting things that has happened since I last posted. NATHANIEL HAS 2 BOTTOM TEETH!!!! I check his mouth every morning. I checked the morning of the fair, and for some reason, (probably do to excess drooling) I checked that same evening before the concert. I couldn't believe it! I was ecstatic and almost in tears I was so happy. My little boy is growing up!

The very next day, we were celebrating my wonderful sister's birthday, and again, there was buckets of drool pouring out of Nathaniel's mouth. After checking, it was confirmed. Yep, toothy #2 decided to join up with his next door neighbor, toothy #1!

At any moment, Nathaniel will be crawling. He is already inching forward (while trying to reaching the dog crate), and continues to roll all over the entire floor.

I can't believe that one week from today he will be 9 months old. I am looking forward to his 9 month check up on the 17th. We know he has gained some weight (my aching arms tell me that everyday), but he is growing so tall!

As a gift for Nathaniel adoption, a dear church member gave us a gift certificate to have a professional photo shoot. The certificate covers the session and 5x7's. We are so excited!

Thanks for keeping up with us!

(PS, the reason for this delayed post is because we, once again, had problems with our memory card...only now we are pretty sure the problem is the card reader for the computer. We think we have a solution now.)

1 comment:

tisha said...

Nathaniel is so cute! I love the picture of him with his hat on. :) Looks like you had a fun trip!
Tisha