How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Court Date Success!!

At about 2:30 PM this afternoon, we got the wonderful news that our court case was approved! They are waiting for documentation, which I am assuming they need to schedule an Embassy appointment (so we can book travel).

Please be patient with me, as I plan to post pictures of my little guy very soon.

In the meantime, I would like to tell you a little about my son:

He was born January 8th, 2008 -- yep that's right, he is 4 months old! The paperwork states that he was reliquished about 8 days after his birth. For the privacy of our son, the details will be confidential for him to share when he decides.

His given name is Mesfin (meaning "Duke"). We are not sure if it was given by his mother or by the orphanage.

We are naming him Nathaniel Mesfin West.

This afternoon was full of calling family, friends and church family sharing our miracle news. I uploaded pictures for 1 hour photo to make our little "brag" book. I considered sharing them with everyone in Walmart, but decided not to. :-)

We celebrated tonight at Hog Wild BBQ with a great group of friends and family.
Despite all the excitement, my heart has been hurting very much for another family who did not have a successful court date. Andrea & I have spoken a couple times on the phone, and she has been such an encouragement to me. Please pray for the Kidd family as their case is brought to court again next week.

Lots of Love and Starbucks coffee!

Holly

9 comments:

chrisles4 said...

Glory be to God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the most wonderful news!!!
Les & I have been praying faithfuly. You two are going to be such wonderful parents and Nathaniel is going to be such a blessing to your lives. Congratulations Mom & Dad, We couldn't be happier for you.
All our Love, Christle & Les

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Congrats Holly! We are so excited to see him!!

kim said...

Holly

What wonderful news!! But, where are the pics of that baby?!?!?! :)

Kim (YG)
www.ablissfulheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Paul & Holly!!! Very excited for you guys! :)
Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy! :)

small world said...

Paul and Holly, Praise God!! Congratulations and thank you for never giving up hope! He is faithful.
Love, The VanWetten Family

tisha said...

*Congratulations*!!! *God is so good*!!! I can't wait to see your baby's pictures! :)
Tisha

Jori said...

YEAH! So happy for you! Now where are those pictures?!?!? :):)
love ya, Jori

Carpenters said...

Holly, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! He is officially yours! Yeah! I can't wait to see his cute face.

With Love,
Penelope

Rob and Candy said...

wooohooo! I'm so excited for you.
xxoo
candy