How Long We Have Been A Family!

Count Down To Nate's 4th Birthday!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Still Alive!

It has been over a week since I have posted a blog, so I have alot to catch you up on!

First of all, our travels home from Ethiopia were really ok. Nathaniel is such a trooper! The flight from Ethiopia to DC, all three of us slept majority of the time! Having the bassinet was just a lifesaver. The only snag we ran into was when we realized that the can or formula and the little Munchkin formula measurer was still in the overhead bin. ARG! We even tried to get someone to find it on the plane so our kid could eat....no such luck. Praise the Lord we had to get our bags to go through customs, and we had 4 cans in there!

We flew through customs and immigration in DC. I think it helped that we were going through at 8:30 AM and we seemed to be the only plane at the time. We didn't have to wait in line at all!

We had about an 8 hour layover in DC. At first I thought this was going to be horrible, but it was very nice to have several hours of not being on a moving vehicle!

Just like on our way to Ethiopia, our plane to Seattle was delayed about 1 hour because of a thunder and lightening storm. Strangely enough, the flight from DC to Seattle seemed SOOOO much longer than the Ethiopia to DC flight. We were all done with being on planes at that point anyway...especially Nathaniel, who threw up terribly on the plane. Poor kid.

When we began to descend into Seattle, I lost it. The thought of our travels being almost over was so overwhelming. I just cried.

My mom, dad, grandparents, sister and brother-in-law and some friends were there to meet us. These photos are courtesy of my brother-in-law, Alvin, who came to the airport to welcome us back on his 30th birthday! :-) Alvin posts all his pictures at here.

These are the proud Great-Grandparents (my grandparents)!

Nathaniel with Grandpa (my dad).

Getting to know Grandma (my mom).

Grandma & Great-Grandma

My mom and sister blessed us by putting us up in a hotel suite. It was so nice and they decorated it with pictures of Nathaniel, balloons and baby boy stuff! There were also a bunch of gifts from the people my mom works for! They threw her a baby shower for us!!! We are so blessed!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Love,

Holly

2 comments:

K.P. said...

Good to have you back and amoung the living. Hope you are all feeling better.

KP

Carpenters said...

Nathaniel is such a cutie in his "I'm new here" layette. It looks like all the grandpeeps had a great time meeting the new little one. It's good to have you back.

With Love,
Penelope